Since I am new to baking I wanted to try very simple recipe only.This is one simple chocolate cake recipe. I found this delicious and simple Chocolate Cake recipe in Hershey's Kitchens. I must say the cake tasted great and came out well ,fluffy and moist. It was great hit in my Family.Thanks for this wonderful recipe.I made little changes to the original recipe. I used half a quantity only than in original recipe.
* 1 cup - sugar
* 3/4 cup plus 6 tbsps - All-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa Powder
* 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup-Milk
* 1/4 cup - vegetable oil
* 1 tsp Vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup boiling water
* Chocolate Frosting
* Baking pan
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together sugar + flour + cocoa+ baking powder+ baking soda +salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence.Beat on medium speed in mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into greased baking pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes on middle rack or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove the cake from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely. Frost with "Cream Frosting" .Decorate with shaved chocolate and cherries.
Cream Frosting :
1 1/2 cup (360 ml) cold heavy cream (double cream) (35-40% butterfat content)
3 tablespoon (45 grams) granulated white sugar (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Garnish with Shaved Chocolate and cherries
In an electric mixer,or with the hand mixer,beat the cream with the sugar and vanilla essence until soft peaks form. Decorate with shaved chocolate and cherries.