Wishing all my Readers a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali brings you lots and lots of happiness and big cheer in life !!!
Thalipeeth is a type of Pancake from Western India.It is the most popular dish of Maharashtra.It is multi grain mildly spiced pancake.The dough is made by mixing four types of flours Wheat Flour,Rice Flour,Chickpea Flour,Jowar Flour.It is Nutritious. It is a tasty and quick-to-make snack once you have made and stored the flour.. Can also be had as lunch.The recipes for Thalipeeth really vary widely but I have given my favorite version that is my Mom's Recipe.My mother makes it oftenly at home.
1 Cup Rice Flour
1 Cups Wheat Flour
1 Cup Gram Flour
4 tbsp Rava (Cream of wheat)
½ Cup Coriander Leaves, Chopped
7-8 Green Chilies, Chopped or grinded
Salt to taste
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Onions, Chopped finely
1) Mix all ingredients except oil together to make a soft pliable dough.
2) Divide dough into 7-8 equal portions. Flatten each portion on a grease (with oil) a thick polythene bag, into a round shape, (quarter inch thick and five inches diameter). Use the tips of your hands to pat the dough into a flat shape.
3) Make a hole in the center of each thalipeeth. Heat a tawa, apply a little oil and gently turn the plastic sheet upside down and transfer thalipeeth carefully on the tawa. Spoon a little oil on the sides and cook on a low heat till it turns crisp and golden brown.
4) Turn the thalipeeth and cook the other side, as above.
5) Serve hot with Green chutney or yogurt or butter.
The Thalipeeths are reaching 3 events...
1."Pancakes on Parade" --A sweet and savory event hosted by Susan
2. "Roti Mela" hosted by Srivalli
3. "SWC Maharashtra" hosted by Neha
Labels: Rotis and Pancakes