Posted by ST at Friday, February 17, 2017
Coconut Burfi / Kobbari Mithai / Nariyal Ki Barfi” is one of the Indian sweets recipes that can very easily be made for any festival or any occassions ... We have grown up eating it. .It requires just few ingredients ..It’s so easy ,quick to make and tasty to eat.It can be eaten for fasting also.
Preparation: 15 mts
Cooking Time: 40 mts
Recipe Type - Sweets / Desserts /Fasting
Makes approx 18-20 squares
2 cups - Grated coconut
2 cups - Sugar (Adjust according to taste)
1 cup - Water
1 tbsp - ghee, melted
1/2 tsp - cardamom powder
1) First grate the coconut and keep it aside.
2) Grease the plate with ghee and keep it aside.
3) Take a heavy bottomed vessel, add water and sugar and on medium low flame allow the sugar to dissolve and come to a boil.
4) Now add cardamom powder and grated coconut and keep stirring continuously until combined well.Let it continue to cook till one string consistency. Test the syrup by using your thumb and index finger and touch the sugar syrup and as your stretch the syrup, it should form at least 1 threads.
It will take approximately about 18-20 minutes. Keep on stirring continuously.
5) After couple of mins you will see bubbles formation.
6) Now add the ghee and keep stirring continuously.
7)At one stage the mixture will thicken and start to move without sticking to the side. This is the right consistency.Turn off the stove.
8) Transfer the mixture immediately to the greased plate or greased pan. Gently press on top to even it out with a spatula .
9)Wait for 2 mins to let it slightly cool down. Cut the burfi into desired shapes using a greased knife.
10) Cool completely before storing in an airtight container and enjoy.
1) One string consistency - If you take a little bit of the sugar syrup between 2 of your fingers thumb finger and index finger, you should get one continuous string formed between your fingers.
2) Cut the burfi when it is still slightly warm. Once it cools down completely, you will not be able to cut it into pieces.
3) Garnish with chopped nuts, saffron.