Posted by ST at Monday, October 12, 2015
Fasting Aloo Tikki is a potato-based dish has all the spices that are allowed during fasts. A very common fasting dish.This dish is very popular among all age group people.
5 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1 tbsp sago /sabudana flour
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp green chilies paste
1 tsp lemon juice
Oil as requird
Rock Salt / Sendah Namak to taste
coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions or balls & shape each portion into a round,
3. Heat a non-stick pan, cook each tikki using a little oil, till both sides become golden brown in colour.
4. Drain on an absorbent paper or tissue paper.
5. Fasting aloo tikki is ready to serve.
6. Serve it hot with any Chutney .