Posted by ST at Saturday, August 23, 2014
Gram Flour Dosa / Besan Dosa / Puda / Besan Ka Chilla /Chick Pea Flour Pan Cake is a tasty breakfast dish or a Brunch. These dosas can be prepared instantly. These are quick to prepare and can be made with different variations.It can also be eaten as light Lunch or Dinner.
Makes 6 Dosas / Pudas
1 cup Besan (gram flour)
1/4 cup Rice Flour (optional)
3/4 cup Water
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds/ Vamu)
2 Green Chillies paste
1 cup chopped Spinach (Palak)
1 tbsp chopped Coriander (cilantro)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Oil as required
Salt to taste
- First Wash and finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together: Besan, rice flour, turmeric powder,cumin seeds,carom seeds ,green chilli paste and salt.
- Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter, the consistency should be of Dosa batter .
- Add the chopped coriander, and chopped Spinach. Mix well.
- Take a non-stick pan and place on medium-high heat. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. Water should sizzle right away.
- Apply little oil on the pan with half cut onion so that dosa doesn't stick to the pan.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and quickly spread into a circle with a back of spoon.Starting from the center, spiral the batter outward evenly to form a circle about 7 inch in diameter.
- Spread one teaspoon of oil around the dosa and leave it for some time to cook about 30 seconds then flip the dosa using a flat spatula.
- Reduce the heat to medium and Press the dosa lightly all around with the spatula to make the dosa cook evenly.
- Flip the dosa on both sides, until slightly crisp and brown on both sides.
- The dosa should be golden brown on both sides .
- Repeat the same process for the remaining dosas.
- Serve it with Pickels ,Yogurt ,Ketchup ,Green Chutney or any favorite chutney.
- Spread the batter quickly, or it will begin to dry and will be difficult to spread.
- If you make the dosas without vegetables, do not use rice flour. This will cause the dosas to be very dry.
- Instead od Chilli Paste you can also use chopped chillies.
- Spinach can be replaced with grated Zucchini or grated carrot or finely shredded cabbage.
- Coriander leaves can be replaced with ground coriander powder (Dhaniya Powder).
- You can also serve Kids this Dosa with shredded Cheddar Cheese.After preparing Dosa fold the dosa with shredded Cheddar Cheese.