Cooking Time: 20 to 25mins
If you are planning a Thanksgiving Party this year, then try baking "Thanksgiving Cupcakes" for your guests. Cupcakes are a great choice for parties because they are easy and fun to make.
Prep Time: 45 mins to1 hour
Cup Cake Batter Ingredients:-
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temp
1 cup milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
Frosting & Decorating Ingredients :-
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 pound confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 bag candy corns
2 packages candy eyes
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
2) In an electric mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter & sugar together, till light and fluffy ,this may take 5 minutes.
3) Add the eggs to the butter one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated well before you add each one.
4) Once all the eggs are incorporated add the vanilla essence and beat.
5) In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6) 6.Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla ,beginning and ending with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
7) Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
8) Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
To make the frosting place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 the sugar and alternate adding milk/vanilla, remaining sugar and cocoa to taste while beating on medium speed until creamy.
Frost the tops of the cupcakes and make a turkey using the Candy Eyes and the Candy Corns.
Kids will Love it
Idea adapted from:- squidoo