Kidney Bean Salad is a filling and nutritious salad that is super easy and quick.A splash of lime juice brightens and binds all the flavors in this salad .Besides, beans are a great source of protein and fiber so they fill you up, have cholesterol-lowering fiber, and are loaded with antioxidants. Plus they’re low in calories so this is a great meal for people who are dieting.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
* 2 cups Red Kidney beans , uncooked
* 1 cup onions, finely chopped
* 1 cup tomatoes, cut into small cubes
* 2 -3 tsp lemon juice
* 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
* 1/4 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
* Salt to taste
* Black pepper to taste
* 2 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. Soak red kidney beans overnight or for at-least 4 hours and pressure cook for 2 whistles or until it turns soft.Cool and drain water from red kidney beans.
2. Mix all the ingredients and set aside for 5 minutes so all the flavors combine.
3. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
4. Serve immediately .