My daughter likes pasta which is usually prepared as dinner for her. She loves the cheesy flavor.Addition of vegetables makes it healthy and colourful too
3/4 packet of pasta (penne ,shells or fusilli )
1 cup mixed vegetables (Orange capsicum , carrot ,broccoli)
1 1/2 tsp plain flour (maida)
3/4 cheese cube
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp dried thyme
salt to taste
1 tsp black pepper (kalimirch) powder
1 tsp butter
3 big cloves of garlic, grated
1 1/2 cups milk
For the pasta
Cook the pasta in boiling water with some salt and Drain and set aside.
For white sauce:-
1. Heat butter in a pan.Add the grated garlic and saute for a minute.
2. Once its done add the flour saute for a second let it not turn brown.
3. Add milk nd stir it continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Once the mixture starts thickening add oregano,thyme,salt,pepper powder.
5. Add grated cheese.
6. Keep this sauce aside.
For the vegetables:-
1.Heat butter in a pan. Add the chopped vegetables and saute till it becomes tender.
2. Dont over cook the vegetables it has to be crunchy.
1. Put the sauce back on flame.
2. Add all the cooked vegetables and the boiled pasta.Mix well.
3. At the time of serving you can sprinkle more cheese.
4. Serve hot.