Hi friends... How about having a Shahi Paneer i.e. Cottage cheese cooked in Almond Gravy in your Lunch or dinner menu? Shahi Paneer is a rich and creamy Mughlai dish.My family love this dish very much so I prepared it last weekend for lunch.It came out much very delicious and tasty. So I strongly recommend to try this dish to all my friends. It is a perfect side dish with Chapatti or Naan or Shahi Pulav.
Almonds - 3/4 cup
Paneer – 25o gms (home-made or store bought), cubed
Oil – 3 tbsp
Onions – 1 , finely copped
Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
White / Black pepper powder - 1/ 2 tsp
Milk- 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – few, finely chopped for garnishing
Cream - 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Khoya - 2 tbsp(Optional)
Whole Garam Masala
Bay leaf -1
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
Star ainse- 1
1) First cut the almonds into pieces and grind into smooth paste using milk.
2) Heat oil in a pan add whole garam masala,add finely chopped onions fry them but don't brown them add ginger garlic paste .
3) Add white pepper powder / black pepper powder,coriander powder and almond paste.
4) Add good amount of water. Add salt and bring it to boil.Keep Stirring frequently so i doesnot stick to the bottom .
5) Cover it and Cook at least for 30 mins then add paneer cubes , sugar ,Garam masala .
6) Sprinkle little bit of khoya and cook for 5-7 mins.
7) At last add cream cook for 2 more mins.
8) Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Serve with hot Naan , Shahi Pulav, Jeera rice, Chapatis ,Roti.
1. If you like thicker or thinner gravy, adjust the amount of water.