This is a great summer salad but can be eaten anytime. It is very fast and easy to make.It is very addicting.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 – 5 people
Fresh ripened tomatoes - 3 (diced)
Onion (small) - 1/2 (chopped)
Extra virgin olive oil - 1tsp
Vinegar or a little lemon juice - 2 tsps
Salt to taste
Black pepper - 1/ 4 tsp (freshly grounded)
A pinch sugar
Parsley / basil /cilantro - 1 tbsp
1) Wash and cut the tomatoes into bite-sized chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle any juice from the tomatoes over the slices.
2) Finely chop the red onions /onion and add them in a large mixing bowl.
3) wash and finely chop parsley /basil and add in a bowl.
3) Sprinkle with salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
4) Sprinkle a pinch of sugar over it – this brings out the flavor. Just a little as you don’t want to taste the sugar.
5) Drizzle a vinegar .
6) Drizzle olive oil over everything.
7) Toss gently to combine. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and let marinate for 10-15 minutes.you can also refrigerate until slightly chilled, 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Lift out of the bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving juices behind. Place on a large platter and serve.