Besan Burfi is very easy to make and awesome to taste.Make this favorite sweet at home with three simple ingredients gram flour (besan), ghee and sugar .Besan Burfi can be served any time of the day.
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Shelf life – it stays fresh up to 3 -4 weeks at room temperature in air tight container.
Gram Flour /Chick Pea Flour (Besan) - 2 cups
Green cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Pure ghee - 1 cup
Approx. 1 tablespoon Pistachios and Almonds crushed for garnishing
1) Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadai or thick bottomed pan on low flame.Add the gram flour and stir continuously for ten to fifteen minutes on low flame only or till it starts changing colour and is fragrant or the flour becomes golden brown and ghee separates. You will get nice aroma of gram flour that time its done.
2) Remove from the heat and switch off the stove.
3) Add the powdered sugar ,cardamom powder and mix well.
4) Grease a six-by-eight-inch aluminium straight-sided shallow tray or 8'' flat plate with the ghee. Pour the gram flour mixture into the greased tray or plate and spread it evenly with a greased spatula.
5) Sprinkle the chopped or sliced pistachios and almonds evenly over the top to garnish.
6) Let them cool completely and cut into squares or diamonds with a sharp and greased knife .Separate the pieces very gently without breaking.First piece is very hard to remove. It takes about 1 hour to cool completely.
7) Serve or Store the burfi in an airtight container.
If you are in hurry, put the tray or plate in refrigerator to set burfi quickly. Then cut into pieces.
Happy Diwali !!!