Vegetable Pulav is a rice cooked with mixed vegetables & whole spices. It is easy to make and delicious to taste. Veg Pulav has loads of vegetables in it so it is very healthy indeed.
2 Cups Rice (preferably Basmati Rice)
2 Tbsp Oil
2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Slit Green Chillies
1 Onion Chopped
1 Tomato Chopped
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
2 Bay Leaves
1 Cinnamon Stick
4 Black Pepper Corn
1/4 Tsp Cardamom Seeds Powder
1 Star Anise
4 Cups of Water ( 1 Cup Rice : 2 Cups Water)
1 1/2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (beans, green peas, carrots and potatoes)
Handful of Cashews fried in Ghee/butter
1) Soak rice in water for 15 mins. Drain & keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a pressure cooker & add cumin seeds.
3) Once the seeds pop & splutter, add green chillies, ginger garlic paste, bay leaves, cinnamon, Black Pepper,cloves, star anise.
4) Add chopped onions & saute till onions are transparent.
5) Then add Garam Masala and chopped mixed vegetables and cook on medium for 4-5 mins.
6) Add a chopped tomato and stir fry for a minute. Add the drained rice and saute for 2 mins.
7) Add salt as per taste and Cardamom powder.
8) Then add 4 cups of water & mix well.
9) Close the lid & let it pressure cook on medium flame till its done.
10) Once the rice and vegetables are cooked, turn off heat. Add fried cashew nuts and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
11) Serve warm with raita.
*Make sure to chop all veggies finely. So Veggies and Rice are cooked at the same time. Otherwise rice will get cooked fast and veggies might remain uncooked.(like Potatoes, Peas, Corn, Carrots, Cauliflower, Green Beans)