Imli ki Chutney is sweet and tangy chutney made with tamarind and dates.This chutney is an essential accompaniment to most of the chaats.This chutney You can store it in fridge for 2 months and deep frozen for more than 6 months.
2 cups Dates (khajur) deseeded
1/4 cup Tamarind (imli) deseeded
1 cup Jaggery (gud) grated
1 tsp Red chilli powder
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
3 Cups Water
Salt to taste
1. Wash the dates and tamarind .
2. Add them in a pan then add the jaggery, chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and water and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Cool the mixture.Puree the chutney in a food processor and then strain it through a sieve.
4. Tamarind Chutney is ready .Store refrigerated.
1. Tamarind chutney is delicious with Samosas, Kachoris ,Pakoras, drizzled over dahi vadas, Bhel puri, or any kind of chaat.
2. This is also delicious as dip for French fries .