Whenever there is left over bread at home, dried and crumbled to be used then, prepare bread halwa. Its is called double ka meetha and Shahi tukda in some places of india.Its easy to make and heavenly to taste.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces and fry in 2 tsp spoons of ghee, till slight brown.
- Add ghee in a small pan and add cashew nuts and Almonds and fry till golden color.
- Boil milk, add sugar,cardamom powder and keep stirring till sugar completely dissolves in the milk . Then add fried bread pieces and continue heating on slow flame.
- Add 3 more tsp spoons of ghee and keep stirring, till the ghee sucks out.
- Then Garnish with fried Almonds and cashews.
Serve hot or cold.It tastes both good warm and cold. If ghee is not sufficient add some more.