Wishing all my Readers a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali brings you lots and lots of happiness and big cheer in life !!!
Posted by Sireesha at Sunday, March 06, 2011
In andhra we call this snack as borugulu mixture or maramaralu masala . This snack needs no introduction to any andhrite and can be found in pretty much every corner of the street in andhra.It tastes heavenly and very comfort food . I miss all the chaats, masalas, bajjis...list goes on.This being my and my hubby's favorite snack, i make this most often on weekends.
* 4 cups puffed rice / murmur ( borugulu or maramaralu)
* 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
* 1 tomato chopped finely
* 1/4 cup Mango chopped
* 1 lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
* 3-4 tsp oil
* salt to taste
* 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
* 1/4cup, putnalu/roasted gram dal
* chopped cilantro to garnish
I am not giving the exact measurements because, you can add them according to your taste.
* First lightly toast the puffed rice for a minutes to make it crisp.
* Then take a big bowl, add the puffed rice, few teaspoons of oil and mix well.
* Now add salt and the chilli powder. The oil makes the salt and the chilli powder stick to it.
* Add finely chopped onion , tomato, mango , cilantro and freshly squeezed lemon juice.Mix well.
* Taste and adjust the seasoning . Serve it,with topped roasted peanuts and roasted gram dal.
1) You can also add grated carrot.
2) Adjust the spice levels according to your taste.