Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
Posted by Sireesha at Sunday, March 06, 2011
In andhra we call this snack as borugulu mixture or maramaralu masala . This snack needs no introduction to any andhrite and can be found in pretty much every corner of the street in andhra.It tastes heavenly and very comfort food . I miss all the chaats, masalas, bajjis...list goes on.This being my and my hubby's favorite snack, i make this most often on weekends.
* 4 cups puffed rice / murmur ( borugulu or maramaralu)
* 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
* 1 tomato chopped finely
* 1/4 cup Mango chopped
* 1 lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
* 3-4 tsp oil
* salt to taste
* 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
* 1/4cup, putnalu/roasted gram dal
* chopped cilantro to garnish
I am not giving the exact measurements because, you can add them according to your taste.
* First lightly toast the puffed rice for a minutes to make it crisp.
* Then take a big bowl, add the puffed rice, few teaspoons of oil and mix well.
* Now add salt and the chilli powder. The oil makes the salt and the chilli powder stick to it.
* Add finely chopped onion , tomato, mango , cilantro and freshly squeezed lemon juice.Mix well.
* Taste and adjust the seasoning . Serve it,with topped roasted peanuts and roasted gram dal.
1) You can also add grated carrot.
2) Adjust the spice levels according to your taste.