- Coconut - 1/2
- Green chillies - 8
- Salt - as required
- Tamarind - small lemonsized ball
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Jaggery /sugar -1/2 tsp
- Seasoning - 1 tsp of urad dal, mustard seeds ,pinch of hing 1/2 tsp of jeera, few red chilli pieces and curry leaves
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Grate the coconut or cut into small pieces.
- In a small pan fry the green chillies.
- Grind the coconut, green chillies, salt and tamarind,jaggery,turmeric adding minimum water required.
- Heat oil in a pan and add urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, red chillies, pinch of hing and curry leaves.
- After mustard seeds starts to splutter, add this to the grounded coconut chutney.